Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Few Long Letters

Below are a few letters that came in on Thursday but were so long I waited until today when work is not so pressing to post them.
The first one was easy to read:
Chaplain Paul,
   A follow Christian gave me this info and your lesson #1 to the basic bible study program which is en-closed. Thank-you!
    He also told me that you may be able to help me get a bigger and better Bible.
    Buy bigger I mean large print and better King James study bible if possible.  Once again thank-you
The Second one:
Berean Prison Min
    Thanks so very much for my new large print KJV Bible and the bible studies.  these are awsome as i mention in last letter im  preparing A short storie serices called Gang Bangers for Christ.  I've never wrote A book befor. So far ive got 20 pages, the Testimonies are true life. 
   One other area i also need prayer on is building strucktured blue Prints, I would like to produce some Bible studies for inmates that short term and longer term inmates - some thing mats geared towards helping inmate being released to recognise triggers and areas of recidivism.. Some of you may have heard of Master Life, Make Peace w/ Past, theirs one called --- "Now Life Behavior" its a long studie but reveals a lot by Psycological and Biblical knowlege that exposes the componets of the life believer and human heart from childhood up.- Its good real good in itself but guys like me w/ rough childhood we take the course 203 times and something new is often revealed about my character each time.
   I had a Parole violation some years back, during this time i made it a point to study ISRael Jurney and destiny of Captivity over and over though written thousands of years ago the exact issues one humbly Speak to the had heart of men and women today. (confine). As matter of 
Fact while in jail I come across A work book Study from the Prison Outreach of Expected End Ministries. This is one the better workbooks the Holy Spirit talk to me on my bunk old test captivity a super good enlightlement God talk to me on my Bunk like this lady w/13 yrs. --- on back
  I Pray a door may open for you to check these Book The key to your expected End" one reason i like this book it inspire prisoners to take action - to reach out to God his Children it be A good out let a teach Platform for Courts to enist 1/2 way howse or Probation and Parole offenders- some juvieniles-
  I belive the compoents of this and New Life Behavior would produce good quality fruit among challange Society of those needing tools to create bldg block to goals ect destiny
  Im praying my druge charge will be dismissed, Mat i com get my house remodel get electirct back on their was fire May 14 damage wires city code has to green tag it. Pray i find a mentor & Sponser to work and at age 56 i pray i com get some rent housese reasonable so when i get older i have some income beside ssi.
    I like to become team leader helper so one day when its said done some one will say - that guy help me in a sad chapter of my life, now in sowing A seed for betterment of mankind.
  As A Gang Banger for Christ i see God places a lot of value on the human soul all walks of life.  Some like to fish they don't like the cleaning part but to me seeing the visual changes of people developing in Christ center life and Testimonies.  I will admit first pace of the world spin out control a bro needs purpose, structure- family friends at least i do i have no familly so i feel ald handycap at times and ive don time so at time i feel like few understand me. I humble appreciate you your prayer I feel them best off God hears answer them. Thank you again Bible studies
That was a long hard letter to read then type, but it is typed as written. Reading through this letter there were a couple real red flags. First the prisoner does not admit to why he is in prison (he writes it was a parole violation) which is what ALL INNOCENT prisoners claim. Although there were clues, he wants the drug charge dismissed and that there was a fire probably means he was cooking drugs. The good thing about the letter above is he really wasn't asking for anything other than prayers.
The next letter is typed below:
The guy last name is Worthy, he was the one God scent to me.  He ask if I would like Jesus to save me.  All I could do was say yes  As I started to pray he stop me and say we need two witness so he went to get two guy from the othe cell at the same time this lettle vise said all they want to do is use what you say against you so thay can get a dil from the judge so they can get out but I did not care by this time he came back with the to witness I started to pray again but this time I broke down and cry like a little bady hear I am in jail crying around man. I was alsway told you do cry in jail because so will try to make you his girl. But all I could do was cry because God live me as I and ask Jesus to save me from my sin and come it to my life to lead me in His well something happen in side me it was like everything wals going to be alright. I realy do not know how to put in words all I can say is Jesus Christ is my LORD and Savior and G-d
Praise G-d!!!! Thank you Jesus Christ!!!!
The next letter today was short and sweet:
   Sir first id like to thank you for sending the King James Reference Bible and the study lessons.  I greatly appreciate you taking time out to help me with request.  I am trying to turn my life around for the better cause I have 3 little boys and a  amazing wife whom I want to show the Lord can change people for the best.  I dont want my children to grow up in to the life I use to live so ive given my life to the Lord and asked him to guide me as I know he will. Thank you again for helping through this journey.  All your help is appreciated.  May God Bless You, Respectfully Yours
It is funny but the more letters we get the more we appreciate the short and to the point ones. It is hard to take the time to read and try to understand what the writer is wanting when the letters are long filled with misspelled words, poor or no punctuation, and bad hand handwriting. The next letter was written as an outline:
Hi! My name is Bieygene.  I would like to request a large print King Jaimes bible, for two reason.
     One: to further my walk with the Lord.
     Two: I like to read at breakfast time in the morning and its kinda hard to rad small print with a little bit of light I do have.  So if you would not mind sending me a large print King James bible I would be very thankful for it. I am at draper. Thank you and God bless.
The next had a prayer request. Our readers are asked to pray for each letter writer as they are reading them.
Dear Chaplain Paul and Berean Prison Ministry,
May God bless you and your ministry. I want to personally thank you for the bibles that you have provided for us here at Suwanne work camp. We did not have bibles, but now we do thank you very much.
     I have been praying for your ministry may God bless your ministry and my you lead many to Christ.  We all thank you and love you here at Suwonne work camp you are in our prayers.
     I have a prayer request please.
Prayer Request
Please pray that I win my appeal, which is in the appeals court. I was over sentenced and so I filed an appeal in hops to have my sentenced reduced.  Also pray for me and my fiancee we have both accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We are believers and wish to become married.  Please pray that we become married and God blesses our marriage. 
Thank you all very much. God Bless You!
The last letter I will type today is another long hard to read letter with very very small printing: He writes:
This is something I wrote one late night, I relized it may help someone somewhere so if you agree please use it!
To Whom it may Concern,
My name is Cody, I am a recovering meth addict.  I am currently incarcerated at bdcc on Simp Burglary, Criminal Consipiracy and drug paraf charges. I am a first time felone and must say, I never would have thought Id write a letter like this.  Im not sure to whom I'm writing so I keep it brief. Let me begin with no matter how you look at it, two or more wrongs never make a right.  I am 23 years old.  I have been locked up for almost two months.  I have a loving mother, like most, who I completely neglected in my pursuit of getting high.  Not only did I neglect her tho, my family in general, all of by real friends, everyone who cared about me, and even the people who went out of their way to tell me where I was going wrong at.  To everyone who believes they have a wrap on their drug additction, sorry but your wrong. You may say who am I to Judge, nobody im just saying its like playing with a snake. Its not if its gonna bite, its when! I was an extremest and did everything to the max so I found out fast, the bite is way nastier than the bark.  Most people describe me as a laid back, kind, good hearted person, that is until I choose the wrong path.  Everyones trails are different but if its anything like mine, theres only a few destinations.  I thank God for where i'm at, yea i'm behind bars, but it could be much worse-trust me.  We always seem to find Jesus in hard times, theres a reason for that we werent looking before ! OK yea I found God in prison and I'm proud because if I woudnt have, theres no telling what my life would be like.  We are not promised tomorrow and I want more people to know that.  The only promise I can give is that knowing he is in my life now, I am no longer worried about what tomarrow holds.  He will guide me through it. I don't have a doubt in my mind, whenever I do know freedom again, I will appreciate every bit of it.  More than ever.  I cant wait to hold the one I love and who love me, I cant wait to eat good home cooked food again. I cant wait to play with my dog again. Thats what Jesus has done for me, and my path with him is just begining. Of course Im ready to go home, but it will happen eventually, and when it does im having a funeral for the old guy I was and a welcoming party for the new man Ive become. I guess my message is to anyone who can relate - life is short and when its over which road would you have rather taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment