Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Romania Newsletter May 2019


May 2019

Thank you very much for your kind support and daily prayers, I greet you all in the name of the Lord Jesus. “Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.” Ps 112,1

Viorel wrote:
“We held an evangelization at Codlea Prison, with five people, from four countries (Romania, Holland, America, Brazil). Each person contributed with songs, testimonies, and the message from the Bible was transmitted by pastor Ronaldo from Brazil. We sang together, but we also sang with the group of inmates who are enrolled at our course. At the end of the program, we prayed and more inmates opened their heart for Jesus. It was a special time, glory to the Lord! I want to mention a man Bogdan, is an inmate who showed interest in our course, every time he came with a notebook and pen. He took notes at each lesson and requested also a Bible. At the last meeting, I had the opportunity to offer him a Bible, and he received with joy and with the desire to read it. I think God has begun to work in his life.”

Baboi Marian beside the statistical report wrote:

 “The interesting thing in this ministry here in the south part of Romania is that every time during these years of activity there were people who asked questions about Christ. This is something that I really enjoy. It is a special thing to see that some detainees are interested in knowing more about Jesus. Also, over the years I have had people of different nationalities such as Tatars, Turks, and Gypsies. I also had a chance to have a Jew in the selected groups, with whom I had a pleasant experience when we talked about Jesus. This ministry during the years helped me greatly in my spiritual maturation. What I have presented to you is the qualitative part, but there is also the quantitative part that I present to you each month through the monthly report with the numbers of participants in each prison.”
 Irma Marasescu from Christian Police Association wrote:
“Concerning the Targsor work, we also ask prayer support for wisdom. We usually meet 60 inmates, each with different needs. We are also trying to help their families to know the Lord.”


We got some pictures of our work in Mioveni Prison. As you know besides the biblical course, we are teaching hand weaving. Here are some simple realized project after 2-3 meetings.
That’s way I visited Brother Costin again, he sponsored our activities with many boxes full of yarn. Spending time in this prison is a real blessing: supportive administration, open-hearted inmates and lot of opportunities to use our abilities for God’s glory.
Great events in my family's life: Ana’s graduation ceremonies photo. She already succeeded the test of vocational knowledge, she learns to pass the national exam next month.
We had also the baby blessing ceremony for David in the Church. I read somewhere it is true: when I count the blessings I count the grandchild twice.


With love in Christ,


No comments:

Post a Comment